Plantain avocado salad
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
2 medium sized ripe plantains diced
2 cups cooked black beans
2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes
2 cups diced ripe avocado
1/2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
3 table spoons olive oil
1 tbls Brawta Caribbean Creole Seasoning
2 cups coconut oil
1. In a large pot heat coconut oil on medium to high heat. When oil is hot, fry plantain until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, sea salt and seasoning.
3. Combine all ingredients in bowl and toss gently until seasoning/oil is evenly distributed.
Garlic Seafood Pockets
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients: (4 servings)
300 g (2 cups) cleaned black tiger shrimp
300 g (12 pieces) Prince Edward Island (P.E.I.) mussels
300 g (12 pieces) British Columbia (B.C.) clams
2 cups diced P.E.I potatoes
3 ears Ontario corn cut into quarters
2 tbls minced garlic
4 tbls butter
2 tbls chopped parsley
2 whole limes
4 tbls Brawta Caribbean Greens and Garlic Seasoning
4 tsps Himalayan Sea Salt (optional)
1. Lay out four strips of aluminum foil 60 cm long and double layered.
2. Evenly divide shrimp, mussels, clams, potatoes and corn onto the four pockets.
3. Add 1/2 tbls of garlic to each pocket.
4. Add 1 tbls of butter to each pocket.
5. Add 1/2 tbls of parsley to each pocket.
6. Add the juice of 1/2 of a lime to each pocket.
7. Add 1 tbls of Brawta Caribbean Greens and Garlic Seasoning to each pocket.
8. Add 1 tsp of Himalayan Sea Salt to each pocket.
9. Fold pocket into a secure envelope ensuring foil is not broken and pocket is completely sealed.
10. Cook with indirect heat on barbeque at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
11. Carefully open pocket avoiding steam released when opening.
12. Serve and enjoy!